Snacking doesn’t have to be unhealthy. Homemade Guacamole made with fresh avocados tastes great and is rich in healthy fats that helps to satisfy your cravings.
I can’t believe I haven’t made a separate post for my recipe for guacamole until now. Sure, I’ve shared the recipe several years ago in my Irish Bunco and Other Ideas for St. Patrick’s Day post, but you really can’t search for it easily here on the blog.
Guacamole has got to be, hands down, my favorite appetizer; Bruschetta would be my second. It’s so easy to make, takes hardly any time and it’s a definite crowd pleaser. Not to mention it’s much healthier than other appetizers or snack options. I must go through 3-4 dozen avocados just in the summer months alone.
There is nothing that is more flavorful on a hot summer day than the combination of ripe avocados, jalepeno peppers, garden fresh tomatoes, onion, cilantro and fresh squeezed lime juice. I also like to use those lime flavored tortilla chips to give it even more of a lime flavor; then top it off with a nice pitcher of sangria.
Of course, I also make guacamole throughout the year too as it is a definite family and friend favorite. And if you’re looking to make some green-colored food this St. Patrick’s Day, add this to your menu. ~Enjoy!
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Bloglovin’
- 5 Ripe Avocados
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Lime zest and juice
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- Cut each avocado in half lengthwise, remove the pit, make cross-marks in the pulp with a knife; then scoop out the inside with a spoon and place in a bowl.
- Using the back tines of a fork, smash the avocado until it’s smooth, but still chunky.
- Add the tomatoes, pepper, onion, lime zest and juice, cilantro and salt. Mix well, cover tightly so air can't get to it; then refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with Tortilla Chips.
Get my weekly newsletter for the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!