These Jumbo Banana Walnut Muffins make a great on the go breakfast or afternoon snack.
This recipe for Jumbo Banana Walnut Muffins has stood the test of time. I love it because it’s one of those recipes that you can throw all of the ingredients into one bowl and mix together and it comes out perfectly every time. I especially like when that happens when making baked goods as I’m not big on measuring everything to the “n”th degree. If the dough looks a little too thick, add some water to thin it out. If the dough is a little too thin, add a little more flour. I promise you it will be fine. My daughters (now 18 and 13) started making this recipe on their own when they were still in elementary school so if they can do it, you can too. 🙂
I generally make this recipe as a bread or regular size muffin, but the kids would devour them so quickly and generally eat 2-3 at one sitting that I wanted to make something a little larger in size. I also substitute mini chocolate chips for the walnuts as they like that version better, but I prefer the nuts. ~ Enjoy!
- 2 c . All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp . Baking Soda
- ½ tsp . Salt
- 3 Ripe Bananas mashed
- 2 tbsp . Milk
- ½ c . Oil use a lighter oil not EVOO; I used Safflower
- 1 c . Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- ¾ c . Chopped Walnuts divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Add the bananas, milk, oil, sugar, egg and ½ c. of the walnuts; mix well.
- Line a jumbo muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill the batter to the top of the liner. Top the batter with the remaining ¼ c. of walnuts and bake for 30 minutes or until the top springs back when touched or a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
Here are some more muffin ideas you can try at home!
What is YOUR favorite type of muffin?