I know it’s not quite chili weather, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make an all-in-one meal year round! Especially if you’re like my family and you’re already running ragged with the kids activities. This Black Bean and Turkey Chili is a hearty and healthy dinner that you can make ahead of time, then reheat for a quick weeknight meal.
Serve this Black Bean and Turkey Chili on it’s own (which is how I like it since I’m watching my carb intake) or over rice or pasta. Simply add all of the ingredients to the pot and let it do the work for you!
- 1 lb . 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey
- 1 tbsp . Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 c . Red Onion chopped
- 1/2 Green Pepper chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 4 c . Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp . Fresh Oregano chopped
- 3 Plum Tomatoes chopped
- 2- 15 oz . Cans Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp . Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp . Pecorino Romano Cheese grated
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat and add the ground turkey. Stir until the meat is cooked through and white.
- Add in the onion, peppers and garlic and cook for another 3-5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Next, add the vegetable broth, oregano, tomatoes, beans, chili powder and cheese. Mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, turn down the heat to a low simmer; then cover the pot and cook for 1 hour- 1 1/4 hours allowing most of the liquid to evaporate.