Cashew Chicken with Sesame Garlic Sauce made with boneless chicken breasts, cashews, and vegetables in a sesame garlic sauce is so delicious, you’ll never order Chinese take out again.
For today’s new recipe, I’m sharing Cashew Chicken with Sesame Garlic Sauce. Now, if you follow along here on the blog regularly, you know I don’t usually purchase pre-made sauces because they’re generally very high in sodium. However, when grocery shopping recently I came across a new line of sauces by Iron Chef and the Sesame Garlic version caught my eye.
I don’t make a lot of Asian food at home; nor do I eat it out that often. Occasionally when I am in the mood, I opt for some Egg Drop Wonton mixed soup or Moo Goo Gai Pan in a Brown Sauce (which is just some steamed chicken and vegetables). So when I saw this sauce, I figured I’d make a quick stir fry with it one night for dinner. I mean after all, if you’re going to use a soy or teriyaki sauce anyway, might as well use a pre-made one as they all contain a lot of salt.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 tbsp . Stir Fry Oil
- 2 lbs . Boneless Chicken Breasts large dice
- 3 Stalks Celery diced
- 1/2 Red Onion diced
- 1-14 ounce Can Baby Corn drained,
- 1-5 ounce Can Bamboo Shoots drained,
- 1- 8 ounce Can Sliced Water Chestnuts drained,
- 1-15 ounce Bottle Iron Chef Sesame Garlic Sauce
- 1 c . Cashews
- In a large nonstick saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and add the chicken.
- Saute 5-7 minutes until chicken is almost cooked through; then add the celery and onion and cook for an additional 3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Next, add the corn, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and sauce and mix together until all ingredients have been coated; then stir in the cashews. Serve alone or over rice.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories 504, Carbs 41.2g, Fat 18.1g, Protein 40.6g, Fiber 3.9g, Sugar 30.3g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate.