Chicken Vesuvio is a roasted chicken dish with lemons, garlic and baby potatoes and can be made on one pan for easy cleanup.
Today I'm helping out my dear friend Heather from Basilmomma with this recipe for Chicken Vesuvio while she's recovering from surgery. Please stop by to read the full post, get the recipe and wish her a speedy recovery.
How do you make Chicken Vesuvio?
For this recipe you'll need bone-in chicken pieces, baby potatoes, garlic, fresh lemon and EVOO.
Place the chicken, potatoes, garlic and lemon slices on a sheet pan; then drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Roast in a 375 degree F oven for about 60 minutes or until the minimum internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F. Chicken Vesuvio is one of those easy one pan dinners.
I love how you can just put all of the ingredients on one pan, throw it into the oven and dinner is ready. Less mess. Less cleanup. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
- 1 Whole Roaster Chicken or a whole cut up chicken
- 1 Fresh Lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 lb. Baby Potatoes
- 4 Cloves Garlic, peeled and cut in half
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the chicken parts, cut up lemons, baby potatoes, and garlic onto a baking sheet; then sprinkle with the oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165 degrees; depending on the size of the chicken pieces. (I prefer my chicken at 180 degrees)
Nettie Moore says
Looks delicious Carrie! I'll stop by and see how Heather is feeling! Nettie
Carrie's Experimental Kitchen says
Thanks so much Nettie! xo