Chicken thighs cooked slowly in a Dutch oven with fresh zucchini, Portobello mushrooms, garlic and basil in a Chianti wine sauce.
This Chicken, Zucchini & Portobello Mushrooms in a Chianti Red Wine Sauce was delicious and by using chicken thighs, it was also extremely moist. Literally. Fall off of the bone moist!
How do you make Chicken, Zucchini and Mushrooms in a Chianti Wine Sauce?
For this recipe you’ll need cut up chicken parts, oil, Chianti wine, crushed tomatoes, basil, garlic, zucchini and Portobello mushrooms.
Start by browning the chicken in a Dutch oven on both sides, add crushed tomatoes, Chianti wine or any other dry red wine, fresh basil, garlic, zucchini and Portobello mushrooms.
Pop it in the oven and bake for about 90 minutes and dinner is served. You could also cook this in a slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours if you don’t have a Dutch oven, but I prefer this method better. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Chicken, Zucchini & Portobello Mushrooms in a Chianti Red Wine Sauce
- 1 Whole Chicken, cut into parts, skin removed
- 2 tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1/2 c. Chianti Wine (or other dry red wine)
- 1- 28(ounce) can Crushed Tomatoes (I used Hunts)
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, mincec
- 1 Zucchini, washed, quartered
- 10 oz. Portobello Mushrooms, washed, halved
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot and add chicken (you will probably have to do this in two batches). Allow to brown on all sides, then remove and set aside.
- Add the basil, garlic, zucchini, mushrooms and wine and let simmer for about 2 minutes, then add in the tomatoes and the chicken.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media