This version of Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is lightened up a bit with Greek yogurt and applesauce, but it’s loaded with flavor.
Do you go shopping at those big box stores like BJ’s, Costco or Sams? Well if you do, you know that everything comes in bulk. During my last visit, I decided to buy a bag of zucchini. Yes, a bag, with about 10 zucchini in there.
Don’t get me wrong, I love it but when you have that much of it at the same time, you get tired of eating it. So I did the next best thing and made some of this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread.
I tried to make it a little healthier by using only half of the oil and substituting yogurt and applesauce to help moisten it, but then the kids came in and demanded that it HAD to have chocolate chips in it. They like to eat a slice of this for breakfast because it’s quick and they can eat it on the go.[clickToTweet tweet=”This version of Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is lightened up a bit with Greek yogurt and applesauce, but it’s loaded with flavor. #zucchini #bread #loafbread #dessert #breakfast” quote=”This version of Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is lightened up a bit with Greek yogurt and applesauce, but it’s loaded with flavor. “]
You can certainly leave out the chocolate altogether or opt for carob chips instead, whatever your preference. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, cream together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, yogurt, applesauce and oil until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, mix well then add in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Spray two separate loaf pans with cooking spray and distribute the batter into both of them. (It should only come up 1/2-3/4 up the side of the pan).
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.