Cornmeal Crusted Baked Chicken: Bone in chicken breasts crusted with a mixture of cornmeal and fresh rosemary; then baked until golden brown is juicy and delicious.
I made this recipe for Cornmeal Crusted Baked Chicken about a month or two ago, but forgot to share it with you. It's really quite easy with only a few ingredients: chicken, eggs, cornmeal and rosemary. Simple right?
How do you make Cornmeal Crusted Chicken?
For this recipe you'll need bone-in chicken breasts, eggs, stone ground yellow cornmeal, fresh rosemary and cooking spray. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F; then prepare two bowls.
Whisk the eggs in one medium sized bowl and the rosemary and cornmeal in another. Dip the chicken first into the egg wash; then into the cornmeal mixture.
Place on a baking sheet on a wire rack and coat with cooking spray. Bake for approximately 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and has a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees.
You can use this breading for chicken (bone-in or boneless), pork or even fish. You just have to adjust your cooking times accordingly. Cornmeal is made from dried corn kernels so it is naturally gluten free for those of you following a gluten free diet.
This Cornmeal Crusted Baked Chicken is quick and delicious. Try using chicken tenderloins to make it "kid friendly"; they'll love it. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Cornmeal Crusted Baked Chicken
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup stone ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare two bowls. Whisk the eggs in one medium sized bowl and the rosemary and cornmeal in another.
- Dip the chicken first into the eggs; then into the cornmeal mixture. Place on a baking sheet on a wire rack and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake approximately 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and has a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
I have some left over corn meal and now I know heat to do with it. Your amazing with all your food ideas. Hope the family are all well and happy xoxo
Thank you Beverley. I just wish I had half of the baking talent you had! All is well here, hope all is going well for you also. I'll have to have the hubby travel again soon so I can tag along. xoxo
Just trying this recipe will let u no