Cornmeal Crusted Baked Chicken: Bone in chicken breasts crusted with a mixture of cornmeal and fresh rosemary; then baked until golden brown is juicy and delicious.
I made this recipe for Cornmeal Crusted Baked Chicken about a month or two ago, but forgot to share it with you. It’s really quite easy with only a few ingredients: chicken, eggs, cornmeal and rosemary. Simple right?
You can use this breading for chicken (bone-in or boneless), pork or even fish. You just have to adjust your cooking times accordingly. Cornmeal is made from dried corn kernels so it is naturally gluten free for those of you following a gluten free diet. This Cornmeal Crusted Baked Chicken is quick and delicious.
Try using chicken tenderloins to make it “kid friendly”; they’ll love it. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Cornmeal Crusted Baked Chicken
- 4 Bone-In Chicken Breasts
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tbsp . Cold Water
- 1 c . Stone Ground Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 tbsp . Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare two bowls. Whisk the eggs and water together in one medium sized bowl and the rosemary and cornmeal in another.
- Dip the chicken first into the egg wash; then into the cornmeal mixture. Place on a baking sheet on a wire rack and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and has a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees.