- 1/4 c . Carrots sliced
- 2 tbsp . Red Onions chopped
- 1 Celery Stalk chopped
- 1 tbsp . Butter
- 2 tbsp . All-Purpose Flour
- 2 c . Turkey diced
- 4 c . Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 2 c . Water
- 1 c . Milk I used 2% but you can also use what you prefer
- Cornstarch + Cold Water equal parts if needed to thicken
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot and add in the carrots, onions and celery. Allow to soften approximately 3-5 minutes; then stir in the flour.
- Add the turkey, chicken broth and water; stir well. Bring to a boil, then allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Use your immersion blender* to blend all of the ingredients together until it is smooth.
- Heat the milk over medium heat, then add it to the soup. Allow to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- If the soup isn't thick enough, combine equal parts cornstarch and cold water; then add it to the mixture and simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Allow approximately 5 days to defrost a 20lb. frozen turkey in your refrigerator. If you don’t have that much time, place the turkey (still in its wrapper) in a sink, cooler or I’ve even heard of someone putting it in their bathtub (CLEAN and disinfected first of course!). Cover the turkey with cold water and change the water every 30 minutes. It will take approximately 10 hours to defrost a 20 lb. frozen turkey.
Shared at Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen 11/19/12