Bone in chicken cooked slowly in your crock pot with sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms in a creamy sauce.
You all know that I don’t cook that often in my crock pot or I would have so many more recipes here on the blog. But I keep trying nonetheless. Personally, I have found that anything with a sauce: chili, stews and meat on the bone turn out much better.
Maybe it’s the crock pot I’m using, because I’ve certainly seem some with all of the bells and whistles like this one, but mine is simple with three settings: warm, low and high.
So when I had sun dried tomatoes left over from the shrimp recipe I posted last week, I decided to turn it into a sauce to cook the chicken I had taken out for dinner.
How do you make Crock Pot Chicken?
I made this recipe with bone in chicken breasts that were so large, I cut them in half; along with a few chicken thighs, chopped sun dried tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, my homemade marinara sauce (but you could use your favorite) and half & half.
This recipe for Crock Pot Chicken in a Sun Dried Tomato Mushroom Cream Sauce was delicious and so simple to make too. Start off by adding your chicken parts to your crock pot; then toss in chopped sun dried tomatoes and sliced mushrooms.
Next, add your favorite marinara sauce and a bit of half and half. Give it a quick stir; then cove with the lid. Set your crock pot to high if cooking 2-4 hours or on low if cooking 4-6 hours. Serve over rice or pasta with a tossed salad. ~Enjoy!
Get my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- Place the chicken in your crock pot; then add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover your crock pot and cook on high 2-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- Heat about 1 tbsp. of EVOO in a large frying pan; then brown your chicken approximately 4-5 minutes per side. Place in an oven safe baking dish.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until soft; then add the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Next, add the sun dried tomatoes, sauce, half & half and any herbs you may want to add. Heat for 3-4 minutes; then season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category!