Make dinnertime fun with this Fiesta Turkey Meatloaf made with extra lean ground turkey, fresh tomatoes, garlic, cilantro and lime juice.
I have no idea what made me think of adding fresh limes to my ground turkey the other day, but I was certainly glad I did because this Fiesta Turkey Meatloaf was incredible!
The summer always make me crave foods that are light and refreshing and cooking with limes and cilantro certainly do the trick. I originally wanted to make these as burgers, but as soon as I was about to prepare them, we had this deluge of rain come down and I wasn’t about to stand outside and grill them. If you have some jalepeno peppers, add them as well to give it more of a kick!
For this recipe you’ll need extra lean ground turkey, tomatoes, onion, garlic, fresh cilantro and lime juice. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; then form into a rectangular shape and place in an oven proof baking dish. Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees F and cut into six portions.
My family really liked this meatloaf and it has such a nice light flavor. Serve this with Lime & Cilantro Roasted Cauliflower and Capital Grille Mashed Potatoes (Copycat) . ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Fiesta Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 lb. 99/1 Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 c. Plum Tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp. Red Onion, grated
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp. Canola Oil or Light Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients together in a mixing bowl; then form into a rectangle shape and place in an oven safe baking dish. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until the proper internal temperature is reached.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media
*Updated June 2017