Make dinnertime fun with this Fiesta Turkey Meatloaf made with extra lean ground turkey, fresh tomatoes, garlic, cilantro and lime juice.
I have no idea what made me think of adding fresh limes to my ground turkey the other day, but I was certainly glad I did because this Fiesta Turkey Meatloaf was incredible!
The summer always make me crave foods that are light and refreshing and cooking with limes and cilantro certainly do the trick. I originally wanted to make this recipe as a burger.
However, as soon as I was about to prepare them we had this deluge of rain come down and wasn’t about to stand outside and grill them. If you have some jalepeno peppers, add them as well to give it more of a kick!
How do you make Fiesta Turkey Meatloaf?
For this recipe you’ll need extra lean ground turkey, tomatoes, onion, garlic, fresh cilantro and lime juice.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; then form into a rectangular shape and place in an oven proof baking dish. Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees F and cut into six portions.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 lb. Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 c. Plum Tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp. Red Onion, grated
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp. Canola Oil or Light Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients together in a mixing bowl; then form into a rectangle shape and place in an oven safe baking dish. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until the proper internal temperature is reached.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media
*Updated June 2017