Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Florentine Chicken Stew made with boneless chicken breasts, celery, carrots and onions, spinach, white wine, chicken broth, Dijon mustard and cannellini beans.
- 3 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 c. Red Onion, chopped
- 1 c. Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 c. Celery, washed and sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. ExtraVirgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 c. White Wine
- 1 c. Frozen Chopped Spinach, defrosted and drained
- 2 c. Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1- 15(ounce) Can Cannellini Beans, rinsed under cold water
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil and add chicken. Saute until cooked through; then remove from pan and set aside.
- Next, add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic to the pot and saute until they have started to soften.
Add the flour so that it forms a roux; then deglaze the pot with the white wine.
Add the chicken broth, mustard, spinach and cooked chicken and mix well.
Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally; then stir in the beans and let simmer for an additional 15 minutes. Serve over egg noodles or rice.