Gemelli with Italian Sausage, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Creamed Spinach
1 lb. Gemelli Pasta
1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 Links Italian Sweet Sausage, casings removed
1/2 c. Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1/4 c. Red Onion, chopped
1 c. Creamed Spinach (I used Seabrook Farms)
1/2 c. Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
1/4 c. White Wine
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions; set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large saute pan, then add in the sausage. Break it apart and cook throughout until there is no pink left.
3. Add in the onions, garlic, and sun dried tomatoes and saute until the onions start to become soft; then add in the creamed spinach.
4. Mix well, then add in the chicken broth and white wine; then let simmer 5 minutes.
5. Add in the cooked pasta and mix well. Serves 6.
*Tip: For a healthier option, substitute turkey sausage and whole wheat or whole grain pasta.