A little sweet. A little nutty. This Graham Cracker and Pecan Breaded Baked Chicken made with four ingredients are all you need to make a tasty, weeknight meal.
Sometimes I just create things out of the need to utilize things in my pantry, like I did with this simple and flavorful Graham Cracker and Pecan Baked Chicken.
My kids get on "food kicks" where they're in the mood for something specific. I buy it. They eat half of it and then it goes bad or stale before they finish it or get tired of it, whichever comes first. Sound familiar?
This time they didn't finish all of the graham crackers when they wanted them to make s'mores over the summer.
However, stale graham crackers taste horrible so instead of throwing them away, I found another way to utilize them.
For this recipe you'll need
- your favorite bone-in chicken parts (legs, thighs or breasts)
- graham cracker crumbs
- chopped pecans
- cooking spray
I used a whole cut up chicken so I had two breasts, two legs, two thighs and two wings.
How do you make Graham Cracker and Pecan Baked Chicken?
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F; then rinse your chicken and pat dry. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add a little water to help thin them out slightly. In a separate bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and pecans.
To make the crumbs out of whole graham crackers you can pulse them in a food processor, blender or put them in a resealable plastic bag and crush them with the back of a glass or a rolling pin.
Dip each chicken piece first into the egg; then into the breadcrumb mixture and place on a baking sheet lined with foil.
Spray the top of the coated chicken with cooking spray and bake for approximately 60 minutes or until minimal internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
You can use this basic graham cracker and pecan breading on boneless chicken breasts, pork or fish. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY
Graham Cracker and Pecan Crusted Baked Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and add a little water to thin it out slightly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and pecans.
- Dip each chicken piece first into the egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet, spray top of the coated chicken with cooking spray and bake for approximately 60 minutes or until minimal internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA