Greek Beef Skewers made with cubed London broil steak marinated in lemon juice, fresh oregano, garlic and light olive oil.
We love to cook outside as much as we can in the Summer and grill often. Meals like these Greek Beef Skewers are one of our favorites because you can marinate your meat during the day; then quickly skewer them with your favorite vegetables and they’re ready to go.
How do you make Greek Beef Skewers?
For this recipe, I used a London broil which I cut up into cubes. Mainly because it was on sale and when marinating this cut of beef for hours, the meat isn’t as tough.
The marinade is simple to make, yet so flavorful. In a bowl, combine lemon zest and juice, fresh chopped oregano, minced garlic, light oil (I used olive oil), salt and pepper; then whisk until smooth.
Add the beef cubes to a resealable plastic bag along with the marinade and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them in hot water for 30 minutes prior to grilling so they don’t burn.
Remove the beef cubes from the refrigerator 15 minutes before grilling so they get to room temperature; then cut up your favorite vegetables in large chunks.
I went simple with these Greek Beef Skewers and just added some grape tomatoes and red onion, but you can add whichever vegetables you have on hand (mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, etc.).
If you would like to save time, you can also prep your vegetables the night before when you’re marinating the meat so all you have to do is thread the skewers right before you’re ready to cook them.
You can feed four people for every pound of meat you use and for us that worked out to be approximately three skewers each. My family loved these Greek Beef Skewers and I served ours over brown rice. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Greek Beef Skewers
- 1 lb. London Broil (or other steak), cut into cubes
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/4 c. Light Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Vegetables, large dice
- Combine the lemon, oregano, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the beef cubes and marinade to a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature 15 minutes prior to grilling.
- Thread the meat and vegetables onto the skewers; then grill until your desired internal temperature.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media
Shop Related Products