Try making one of your favorite meals a little healthier, without losing the flavor with this Low Fat Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Low Fat Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the chicken broth and chicken tenders to a saute pan. Saute until the meat is cooked through; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the skim milk and heavy cream; do not boil.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter and add the garlic. Saute for about 1 minute, then slowly whisk in the flour forming a roux.
- Gradually add the warmed milk and cream and whisk until it's blended with the flour with no lumps; then add in the cheese stirring until it has melted.
- Cover and let simmer on low until thickened; approximately 10-15 minutes. Be sure to stir the sauce occasionally so it doesn't stick.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and mix well. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.