y Italian Turkey Chili made with lean ground turkey, black beans and squash is simple to make and deliciously flavorful.
I found this Italian Turkey Chili recipe in the "draft" archives and had completely forgotten to post it. Maybe because I made it over the Summer and thought it might do better if I waited until the cooler temperatures drifted in.
In any event, this recipe is definitely worth sharing.
How do you make Italian Turkey Chili?
This turkey chili contains simple, easy to find ingredients like ground turkey, black beans, zucchini, onion, garlic, tomato paste and fresh rosemary.
I prefer using extra lean ground turkey, at least the 90/10 split as sometimes the 70/30 tastes a bit gamey to me.
Start by browning the ground turkey in a small amount of olive oil; then add the remaining ingredients and allow it to simmer.
You can make this chili on top of the stove in a Dutch oven; which takes about 1 ¼ hours. Or you can add your ingredients after browning the turkey to the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours (high 2-3 hours). Serve in crocks or over cooked rice.
This Italian Turkey Chili is even better when it's reheated the next day. You can also prepare this the night before. This recipe serves four, is loaded with flavor and cost less than $10 to feed your entire family. ~Enjoy!
More Chili Recipes
- Cauliflower Black Bean Chili
- Hearty Chorizo Chili
- Black Bean, Chicken and Spinach Chili
- Vegetarian Three Bean Chili (Slow Cooker)
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Italian Turkey Chili
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat the oil and brown the ground turkey until it is cooked through; approximately 5 minutes.
- Next, add the zucchini, onions and garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the tomato paste, water, rosemary and black beans; mix well.
- Lower the heat and simmer for one hour; stirring occasionally.
Brown the ground turkey as instructed above and place in the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA