This heart healthy three bean salad made with black beans, kidney beans and chick peas is packed with refreshingly light flavors of lemon and basil.
I’ve recently been experiencing some health issues with my cholesterol, thyroid and weight and have been trying to incorporate more beans into my weekly diet. Eating salads like this Lemon-Basil Three Bean Salad certainly makes it easier.
Though beans are comparable to meat in calories, they have more fiber and water content which makes you feel fuller more quickly. It is also recommended by the latest dietary guidelines that we increase our intake of legumes from 1 to 3 cups per week.
Beans are high in antioxidants, fiber, protein, B vitamins, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper and zinc. Also by eating beans regularly, it may reduce the risk of diabetes, heart disease, colorectal cancer, and helps with weight management.
This Lemon-Basil Three Bean Salad is wonderfully light and flavorful with simple ingredients like fresh lemon and basil, white balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and can be ready in about 15 minutes. It makes for a satisfying lunch on it’s own or as an accompaniment to any meal; especially when paired with grilled foods like chicken, fish or pork. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Lemon-Basil Three Bean Salad
- 1- 15(ounce) can Black Beans, rinsed
- 1- 15(ounce) can Can Kidney Beans, rinsed
- 1- 15(ounce) can Can Chick Peas, rinsed
- 1/4 c. Red Onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1/4 c. White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.