Lemon Cream Cheese Poundcake is deliciously moist cake that goes perfectly with a cup of tea for an afternoon snack or eaten for breakfast.
Did you know that today is National Pound Cake Day? And do you also know how pound cake originally got its name? Well, I didn’t either until I read it somewhere recently.
The cake was named because the original recipe was made with 1 pound of flour, 1 pound of butter, 1 pound of eggs and 1 pound of sugar. I guess I’ll have to try it out to see if it works!
So a while back, I had seen this recipe from Christie over at Zestuous and printed it out right away for a few reasons.
- I’m always looking for new dessert ideas for when I’m entertaining on the weekends.
- I don’t particularly care for overly sweet, gooey desserts. And…
- It has LEMON in it!
How do you make Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake?
For this recipe you’ll need butter, cream cheese (I used low fat), granulated sugar, eggs, all purpose flour, baking powder, Kosher salt and lemons. For decoration purposes, I also sprinkled a bit of powdered sugar on top of the cake before slicing, but that’s optional.
Next, add the lemon zest and juice; then slowly add the flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Lightly grease a Bundt pan with some butter and pour the batter into the pan.
Bake for one hour or until the tip of a sharp knife comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan, sprinkle with the powdered sugar and slice into 24 pieces.
I loved this Lemon Cream Cheese Poundcake and opted to use low fat cream cheese, less lemons (because I only had 2 left at home!) and I sprinkled it with powdered sugar instead of making a lemon glaze which Christie did with hers. I like my poundcake more on the plain, cake-y side and this was deliciously moist.
My family and I really enjoyed this recipe. However, we did all agree that the next time I make this I will definitely use more lemons as her recipe called for to give it even more of a lemony flavor. This one will definitely go on the pile of “Must Make Again” desserts! ~Enjoy!
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category!
Lemon Cream Cheese Poundcake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar; then add the eggs one at a time.
- Next, add the lemon zest and juice; then slowly stir in the flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- Lightly grease a Bundt pan with some butter and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for one hour or until the tip of a sharp knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Shop Related Products
Connect with me on Social Media
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Bloglovin’