Did everyone have a nice long weekend? We didn’t do much as hubby was still out of town staying with his mother and father, who is still in the hospital after having surgery last Monday. There were some complications, so his progress is going a little slower than anticipated, but he is expected to be coming home soon.
Today is National Hamburger Day and since grilling season is officially here, I’m sharing a new burger recipe with you. I know, you’re probably thinking “You’re a day late. Yesterday was Memorial Day.” BUT, how many of you were actually around yesterday and surfing your computers? I didn’t think so. Besides, it’s just the beginning of summer and there are many more grilling opportunities left in the season! 😉
Though many of you grill all year round, I tend to stick to my indoor grill during the winter months instead of venturing out into the freezing cold. I had purchased some ground turkey a few weeks ago and wasn’t really in the mood for a meatloaf so I came up with these sliders.
I REALLY liked these sliders and all of those fresh Mediterranean flavors like garlic, lemon, Feta and oregano really gave it a robust flavor; not to mention the little kick from the Horseradish Dressing and the sweetness from the Kings Hawaiian rolls. The family devoured these; even the little one who doesn’t particularly care for ground turkey. I personally think it was because they were so cute too! ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Mediterranean Turkey Sliders with Horseradish Dressing
For the Mediterranean Turkey Sliders
For the Mediterranean Turkey Burgers
- Combine the turkey, scallions, garlic, lemon zest, olives, cheese, oregano, and oil; mix well.
- Section the meat mixture into 12 equal portions and form small burgers with them.
- Grill approximately 3-5 minutes per side or until the meat is no longer pink on the inside.
- Place the burger on the roll; then top with 1 tsp. of Horseradish Dressing.
For the Horseradish Dressing
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days. Makes 1/3 cup (16 teaspoons).