Make this Olive Garden favorite appetizer, Caprese Flatbread made with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese at home. Perfect for pizza night or game day snacking too!
One of my family’s favorite places to dine out is Olive Garden. Mainly because there aren’t many other mid-size, sit down restaurant choices around where we live, especially when it’s usually a last minute decision. We love to try out new appetizers and this one for Caprese Flatbread is not only one of our favorites, but it has been on their menu for quite some time so it must be a popular choice.
I recently set out to find this recipe online so I could experiment with it at home and low and behold…I found it!Copycat OliveGarden Caprese Flatbread..perfect for pizza night or game day snacking! Click To Tweet
The quantity of ingredients listed in their version would make a little too much so I decided to cut back a little. I mean 1 1/2 cups of mayo and 4 cups of cheese were just a little too much in my opinion. Gab couldn’t wait for me to try this recipe and had fun helping me make this version. It was really easy and tasted just like Olive Garden’s Caprese Flatbread.
We’ve since made this recipe about six times and every time it’s a big hit! ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Make this Olive Garden favorite appetizer, Caprese Flatbread made with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese at home. Perfect for pizza night too.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle some olive oil on a baking sheet (mine was 11"x17") and flatten the pizza dough, making sure it reaches the edges. Drizzle a little more oil on top and brush it over the dough and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the dough from the oven and allow to cool. Then preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- While the dough is in the oven, add the chopped tomatoes, garlic and 1/4 cup of the basil to a bowl; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise and garlic powder, then spread it evenly over the cooled dough, leaving a 1/2" border around the crust; then spread the mozzarella cheese evenly on top.
- Drain tomato mixture and spread evenly over the bread, then sprinkle the Pecorino Romano cheese and the remaining 1/4 cup of basil on top.
- Place the bread back in the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes until golden and bubbly. Cut into thirds lengthwise, then into fifths giving you fifteen squares.
Connect with me on Social Media
Olive Garden Breadsticks from Chocolate, Chocolate and More