These creamy mashed potatoes made with orange juice and ground cinnamon are a tasty side dish that are perfect for weeknight meals or holiday gatherings.
If you’re like me, you like your meals to go together. By that I mean whatever main course I’m serving I try to use the same flavors in my vegetables and side dishes that would compliment the main entree. While I was making the ham last week, I not only made the carrots to go with it, but I made these Orange-Cinnamon Mashed Potatoes. They were so good and the ground cinnamon and orange juice really gave the potatoes a nice flavor.
As you can see by most of my recipes, I don’t include any salt and pepper. I do this for a reason. “Hi, my name is Carrie and I’m a Salt-Aholic”. I put salt on EVERYTHING! It’s a bad habit, I know. Which is why I rarely include it in my cooking. To me, it’s a personal choice and I leave the amount up to the individual to add as much salt and pepper as they like to the recipe in which they’re making. So if you have made one of my recipes and thought it tasted a little bland, rest assured. Salt and Pepper your own dish as much as you’d like. As for me, I know I will ALWAYS douse my food with it before I even taste it. 🙂 ~Enjoy!
Orange-Cinnamon Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lb . Red Potatoes approx. 5 large
- 1/2 tsp . Ground Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp . Butter
- 1/4 c . Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp . Fresh Parsley chopped
- Leaving the skins on, cut potatoes into 2" thick chunks making them uniform in size.
- Rinse the potatoes; then place in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat and allow to cook until fork tender; approximately 15-20 minutes. Drain the water and place the potatoes back in the pot.
- Add the cinnamon, butter, orange juice and parsley; mash well.
Do you like to add other flavors to your mashed potatoes?