Pecan Shortbread Bars or Pecan Sandies, are made with four ingredients. Their rich and buttery flavor make these the perfect treat all year long.
Several years ago, I found a recipe for Cherry Shortbread Cookies in a magazine. Making my own Pecan Sandies has been on my to-make list for quite some time because they're one of my favorite cookies.
When making holiday cookie platters, I prefer to make my cookies much smaller. This allows you to add a wider variety to your platter and allows people to sample several different kinds.
These bars can also be frozen; however, I suggest you put them in some sort of stable container with an airtight lid so that they do not crumble in transport. ~Enjoy!
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Pecan Shortbread Bars
- Add the flour, sugar and chilled butter to a food processor and pulse until the butter resembles coarse meal; then add the pecans. Pulse until it's mixed together.
- Add the mixture to a 8"x8" nonstick baking pan and press the dough into the pan.
- Place the entire pan in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the sides start to turn a light brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting them into squares.
Connect with me on Social Media