Penne pasta tossed with grilled chicken and seasonal vegetables in a light lemony butter white wine sauce. Makes a tasty quick weeknight meal!
Who doesn't love a good pasta dish? The best thing about pasta is you can add whatever you have laying around and create a different meal every time; like I did with this Penne with Grilled Chicken & Vegetables in a Lemon Butter White Wine Sauce.
How do you make Penne with Grilled Chicken in a lemon White wine sauce?
For this recipe, I used leftover grilled chicken, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach. If you don't have any chicken already cooked, either grill some up quick on a grill pan or purchase already cooked chicken breast strips at your grocery store.
You could even use chopped store bought Rotisserie chicken.
I then wanted to add a sauce to my dish and had a little leftover white wine from a family gathering so I decided to use that along with some fresh lemon juice and chicken stock.
If you don't have penne pasta on hand, any other type of tubular pasta like rigatoni or ziti would also work well. This recipe for Penne with Grilled Chicken & Vegetables in a Lemon Butter White Wine Sauce was delicious and so light.
I served ours with a tossed salad and had a weeknight meal ready in 30 minutes! ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Penne with Grilled Chicken and Vegetables in a Lemon Butter White Wine Sauce
- 1 lb. Penne Pasta
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ c. Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped (not in oil)
- 8 oz. Sliced Mushrooms
- 3 c. Baby Spinach
- 3 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 12 ounce Precooked Grilled Chicken Breasts, sliced diagonally
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ¼ c. White Wine
- ½ c. Chicken Stock
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- ⅛ tsp. Black Pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place back into the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat and add the tomatoes and mushrooms. Saute until the mushrooms start to soften approximately 2-3 minutes; then add the garlic and spinach. Saute for another 2-3 minutes; set aside until pasta is done.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in a small saucepan; then whisk in the flour forming a roux.
- Add the lemon juice, wine and chicken stock and mix well until smooth.
- Once the pasta has been added back to the pot, add the vegetables and sauce and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Penne with Italian Sausage, Sun Dried Tomatoes & Basil
Baked Penne with Sausage & Mushroom Bolognese
Leave a Reply