Boneless chicken breasts coated in a mixture of Italian breadcrumbs and chopped pistachios; then baked until juicy and golden brown.
One night while writing out my shopping list, I looked in the pantry and found a bag of pistachio nuts. I used to love them as a kid; especially when my dad and I would polish off an entire bag. The worst part was trying to get that red dye off of your hands!
Thankfully, pistachios now come un-dyed and even shelled; which makes using them in recipes like this Pistachio Baked Chicken even easier.
The nuts really gave this boneless chicken a nice flavor with a crisp outer layer. They were also super juicy; especially since baking can sometimes dry out poultry.
Boneless Chicken Breasts: I opted for boneless, but you can use bone-in pieces and adjust your cooking time to make sure the internal temperature is at least 170 degrees F.
Italian Flavored Breadcrumbs: These breadcrumbs gave it a nice flavor, but you can also use panko or gluten free.
Chopped Pistachios: Pistachios can be a little costly; which is why I cut them down with some breadcrumbs. If you have an abundance, you can certainly use all pistachios. Just make sure you chop them super fine (I like my mini chopper) so they will adhere to the chicken while baking.
All Purpose Flour: The flour helps to adhere the breading, but if you follow a gluten free diet, you can omit this step.
How do you make Pistachio Baked Chicken?
Start by spraying a baking dish with cooking spray; then prepare three separate bowls. In one bowl, add the eggs and whisk.
In the second bowl, add the flour and in the third, add your breadcrumbs and pistachios; mix well.
Dip the chicken first in the flour; then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the chicken in the baking dish and spray the tops with cooking spray.
Finally, bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F.
Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Boneless Chicken Recipes
- Ritz Cracker Baked Chicken
- Baked Coconut Chicken Tenders
- Pretzel Coated Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken Francaise
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Pistachio Baked Chicken
- 4- (6-ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup italian flavored breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Pistachios (shelled and finely chopped)
- 2 larg eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray; then prepare three separate bowls. In one bowl, add your eggs and whisk together. The second, add the flour and in the third, add your breadcrumbs and pistachios and mix well.
- Dip the chicken first in the flour; then in the egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the chicken in the baking dish and spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Finally, bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F. (Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken).
Leave a Reply