Pumpkin Chick Pea Fritters made with pumpkin puree, chick peas and sage make a tasty Fall side dish.
I first shared this post for Pumpkin Chick Pea Fritters back in 2011 and to be honest, I haven't made them again. Not because they weren't good mind you. But because I try not to serve a lot of fried food for family.
Recently while I was looking to update some old recipes I came across this one and remembered how good they were and had to share them again. Especially since you all seem to LOVE these Corn & Cheddar Mashed Potato Fritters!
How do you make Pumpkin Chick Pea Fritters?
For this recipe you'll need pumpkin puree, chick peas (aka garbanzo beans), fresh sage, red onion, garlic, self rising flour, Kosher salt, black pepper and Canola oil for frying.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until well blended. Heat about ½-inch of oil in a large frying pan and add a kitchen tablespoon full of mixture to the oil.
Flatten the fritter slightly with a spatula and fry 2-3 minutes on each until golden brown. Place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil; then serve hot.
This recipe for Pumpkin Chick Pea Fritters makes 12 portions, but I'll guarantee you won't be able to eat just one! Serve them with Chicken Vermont, Apple Cider Mustard Baked Chicken Thighs or Apple Cider Brined Roasted Chicken. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
Pumpkin Chick Pea Fritters
- 1- (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1- (15-ounce) can chick peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup self rising flour
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- canola oil (for frying)
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until well blended. Heat about ½-inch of oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat; then add a kitchen tablespoon full of mixture to the oil.
- Flatten the fritter slightly and fry 2-3 minutes on each until golden brown. Place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil; then serve hot.
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
Tried a recipe? Leave a comment or tag #CarriesExpKtchn on Instagram or Twitter!
Jenna @ Newlyweds says
Wow these look delicious, thank you for sharing them with my pumpkin linky this week.
I am going to pin this recipe.
Carrie's Experimental Kitchen says