Red Bliss Potato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette is a deliciously tangy salad without mayonnaise. It’s super simple to make and is also gluten free!
May is National Salad Month so to kick off the unofficial summer barbecue and party season, I will be bringing you a new salad recipe each day this week to get you ready. Especially since Memorial Day is right around the corner (can you believe it?!).
The first salad I made for you this week is Red Bliss Potato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette.
Potato Salad is one of my favorite salads to make during the Summer. However, as much as I like the traditional mayo-based salads, they don’t hold up as well in hot summer months without taking extra safety precautions.
Well that, and “R” doesn’t like mayonnaise…at all! I’ve made a few other non-mayo salads, but this one is probably my favorite.
How do you make potato salad with dijon vinaigrette?
First, you’ll need red bliss potatoes, celery, onions and prepared dijon vinaigrette. Start by scrubbing the potato skins with a vegetable brush to remove any dirt; then add the potatoes to a large pot and fill with water.
Bring the potatoes to a boil over medium-high heat; then allow to cook until fork tender; approximately 25-30 minutes. Drain and cool. While the potatoes are cooking, make the dijon vinaigrette. Combine sugar, vinegar, mustard and a light oil in a small bowl and whisk until it’s emulsified.
When the potatoes are mostly cool, cut them in half lengthwise, then in half again; then slice into 1/4″ thick slices. Next, add the potatoes to a bowl along with the celery, onions and prepared dijon vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, mix well; then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
For the Potato Salad
- 2 lb. Red Bliss Potatoes
- 1/2 c. Celery, small dice
- 2 tbsp. Red Onion small dice
- Prepared Dijon Vinaigrette
For the Red Bliss Potato Salad
- Scrub the potato skins with a soft brush to remove any dirt; then add the potatoes to a pot and fill with water.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil over medium-high heat; then allow to cook until fork tender; approximately 25-30 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then in half again; then slice into 1/4" thick slices.
- Add the potatoes to a bowl; then add the celery and onions.
- Add the prepared Dijon Vinaigrette, then season with salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
For the Dijon Vinaigrette
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
- Greek Potato Salad from Real Greek Recipes
- Herbed Potato Salad from Cookie + Kate
- French Potato Salad from The Country Cook