Cauliflower tossed with sesame oil, garlic, Kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and sesame seeds; then roasted until golden brown.
Every time I purchase a new head of cauliflower, I try to find new ways to experiment with it. I have to say that roasting is my all-time favorite way to prepare and consume cauliflower as it really takes on a wonderful flavor.
This time I added some sesame oil and seeds to give it a little different flare and it was extremely tasty.
Cauliflower Fun Facts
- Cauliflower originated in the Mediterranean and Asia Minor about 2000 years ago and is available year round; however, it's more plentiful in the Spring and Fall.
- There are hundreds of different types of varieties and that come in white, orange, green and purple. It is a low-calorie vegetable which is rich in fiber, folacin, potassium and vitamin C.
- California is the largest cauliflower producing state in the United States, followed by Arizona; then New York. However, China is the largest producer in the world, followed by India; then the U.S.
How do you make Sesame Roasted Cauliflower?
For this recipe you'll need cauliflower (fresh is best), garlic, EVOO, sesame oil, Kosher salt, black, pepper and sesame seeds.
Start by cutting the cauliflower down into florets by removing the stems into small bite size pieces; then rinse under cold water and drain.
Add the cauliflower to a bowl along with the garlic, both oils, salt, pepper and sesame seeds. Mix well to coat. Transfer cauliflower to a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes in a 425 degree F preheated oven; turning halfway through or until the cauliflower has softened and turned a golden brown.
My family loved this Sesame Roasted Cauliflower and it was the perfect accompaniment to these Asian Chicken Wings. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Creamy White Cheddar Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- Low Carb Cauliflower Picnic Salad
- Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower (GF|DF|Keto)
- How to Make Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Cauliflower Black Bean Chili
Sesame Roasted Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut cauliflower down to florets, removing the stems and rinse under cold water; drain.
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl; then add the garlic, both oils, salt, pepper and sesame seeds. Mix well to coat.
- Transfer cauliflower to a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes, turning halfway through or until the cauliflower has softened and turned a golden brown.
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
*Originally shared June 2013/Updated January 2019