When the good folks from Moore’s Marinades sent me samples, they also sent along this Asian Teriyaki Wing Sauce. Though I did have some wings I could try it on, I decided to let my daughter and her friend be my guinea pigs this particular night with this pork dish. 🙂 If you like a little heat in your food, this is perfect for you. This dish took less than 30 minutes and was simple to prepare. We all loved it! Also, I just wanted to give a shout out to my friend Wags, the hubby of my good friend over at My Daily Jenn-ism for my newest food prop (the chopsticks) which are over 25 years old from his days in the Marines. He found them recently and thought I would use them more than he has. Thank you! 🙂
Teriyaki Pork Stir Fry
2 lbs. Center Cut Pork Loin, cut in 1″ cubes
2 c. Fresh Broccoli, chopped and blanched
2 Cloves Garlic
1 lb. Bok Choy, chopped
1 c. Carrots, sliced
1 tbsp. Stir Fry Oil
1 c. Moore’s Asian Teriyaki Wing Sauce
In a large, non-stick saute pan, heat the oil and brown the pork. Remove from pan and set aside. Next, add in the vegetables and saute over high heat until they start to soften but are still crunchy. Add back in the pork and stir in the sauce. Mix well and allow to heat for approximately 5-10 minutes. Serve over rice. Serves 6.
Points+=7pts (without rice)
And now for the award!
This is my first Kreativ Blogger Award given to me by one of my dearest friends and none other than Jenn from My Daily Jenn-ism. I have known Jenn for almost 5 years when our daughters first met each other in Kindergarten. We soon became fast friends, along with some other wonderful women I fondly call my “Mommy Friends”. If you haven’t read her blog yet, head on over. She is a ‘no holds barred’ type of person who shares her daily thoughts on life’s ups and downs including being a wife, a Mom (of now a Sailor, a nine year old and is also a Foster Mom), a “Lupie” (she was diagnosed a few years ago with Lupus), and a friend (and is the only one around locally that gets just as excited as me to see how many page views we have on our blogs!) 🙂 Thank you for this award, I truly appreciate it! <3
So, now I have to do the following:
1. Link back to the person who gave you this award in a post.
2. Share ten (10) random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award onto six (6) other people.
4. Follow the blog of the person who gave you this award…No problem, have since Day 1 🙂
Hmmm….Let’s See, Ten Facts About Little Ole’ Me:
1. I can be a little “goofy” at times. I love to laugh and have a good time.
2. I am deathly afraid of heights, snakes and bears and even though I chose to live in “black bear country” I won’t let my kids play outside alone unless I could see them from a window (and yes, I’m also a little neurotic!).
3. I LOVE making lists. If I cross off some items and have some items left, I have to make a new neat list (see, I told you..cuckoo!)
4. I still can’t grasp electronic reminders (even though I’ve had a Smart Phone for about 4 years). It just doesn’t work for me. I need to see everything on paper and still carry the largest, pocketbook sized calendar I can fit in there. I color code events in different hi-lighter colors so I can visually see activity each day. It works for me and post-it’s are my friend. 🙂
5. I’m extremely punctual. I am rarely late for anything and most of the time will arrive 5-10 minutes early. Where I live, it could take me anywhere from 15-30 minutes to get to the same destination, depending upon how many traffic lights I hit so I’d rather give myself extra time, grab a cup of tea and wait.
6. According to my family, I am addicted to my phone and they’re probably right! Between checking two email addresses, texts from friends and family, my blog, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Words with Friends and my newest addiction, Draw Something, I am on quite a bit. They joke that they should put a dog shock collar on my neck and each time I get a Facebook update, they jolt me. (I know they’re only kidding…right guys?! o-0)
7. I can’t ride a bike. Well, I can but I technically can’t because I can’t sit long enough on any hard surface since breaking my tail bone during my first childbirth.
8. I hate winter sports but love to watch them. I can only ice skate backwards, which must have stemmed from my late 70’s roller skating days. Forward=possible face planting. I don’t ski due to a quad accident 20+ years ago when I tore ligaments in my knee (never the same). But I LOVE snowmobiling; which I’ve only done three times in my life: twice in Vermont and once in Colorado along the Continental Divide (which was also interesting trying to get me up that mountain=the height thing).
9. I have never planked but boy do I have blackmail pics of others who have! 🙂
10. I had to go 3 1/2 hours away to college to meet my now husband who grew up 5 minutes from me in the next town over. (And this month we’ll be celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary).
And now to pass this on to 6 other bloggers. This is very difficult since I probably follow over 300 blogs and love so many things about each of them. So I’ll pick 6 I’ve never given awards out to.
1. Bia from Rich and Sweet
2. Ally from Ally’s Kitchen
3. Melissa from Chin Deep
4. Nettie from Moore or Less Cooking
5. Hilary from Baking Bad
6. Ann from Sumptuous Spoonfuls
If you have any questions you would like to ask me, simply email them to email@example.com and I’ll compile an entire Q&A post. 🙂