Turkey Sausage & Roasted Eggplant Casserole made with Jimmy Deans fully cooked turkey sausage crumbles, eggplant, mushrooms, garlic, Italian cheeses and breadcrumbs. A tasty meal that’s ready in about 30 minutes!
I love trying new products, especially when those products make my life easier. We’re all busy and any shortcut we can take when preparing meals for our family just makes life that much simpler. So when Jimmy Dean contacted me to see if I’d be interested in trying their new sausage crumbles, I didn’t hesitate and knew exactly what I’d be experimenting with.
A few years ago I created a casserole dish with roasted eggplant, sausage, garlic, mushrooms, rosemary and white wine that my family loved. I haven’t made this meal since and knew with this new Jimmy Dean product, I could easily substitute these sausage crumbles into my recipe and share this incredibly easy and delicious Turkey Sausage & Roasted Eggplant Casserole.
I chose to use the Turkey crumbles however, Jimmy Dean offers three kinds including Turkey, Original and Hot & Spicy; which can be found at your favorite store in the refrigerated section.
All of which would work beautifully in this recipe. The crumbles are fully cooked, which saved so much time in the kitchen. While the eggplant and mushrooms are roasting in the oven, you can prepare and gather the rest of ingredients so this meal can be ready in 30 minutes! ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Turkey Sausage & Roasted Eggplant Casserole made with Jimmy Deans fully cooked turkey sausage crumbles, eggplant, mushrooms, garlic, Italian cheeses and breadcrumbs. A tasty meal that's ready in about 30 minutes!
- 1 Eggplant
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1- 10oz. Package White Mushrooms; quartered
- 2 tbsp . Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Package Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 1 tbsp . Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 c . Scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp . Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 3/4 c . Asiago Cheese; divided
- 1/2 c . Dry White Wine
- 1 c . Italian Flavored Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Leaving the skin on, dice the eggplant into 2"-3" pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic and oil. Toss together to coat and place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the eggplant is roasting, add the Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles to a large bowl along with the rosemary, scallions, Pecorino Romano cheese, 1/2 cup of the Asiago cheese, wine and breadcrumbs.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven and add to the vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Place the mixture in an 8"x8" oven safe baking dish, sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of Asiago cheese and bake for 10 minutes.
Calories 269, Fat 12.7g, Carbohydrates 22.3g, Fiber 4.4g, Sugar 5.4g, Protein 16.2g *Nutritional information provided by Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate.
Connect with me on Social Media
#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Jimmy Dean. This could include Jimmy Dean providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.