Turkey Sausage & Roasted Eggplant Casserole made with turkey sausage crumbles, eggplant, mushrooms, garlic, Italian cheeses and breadcrumbs.
A tasty meal that’s ready in about 30 minutes!
I love trying new products; especially when those products make my life easier. We’re all busy and any shortcut we can take just makes life that much simpler.
So when Jimmy Dean contacted me to see if I’d be interested in trying their new sausage crumbles, I didn’t hesitate to make this Turkey Sausage & Roasted Eggplant Casserole.
I chose to use the Turkey crumbles; however, Jimmy Dean offers three kinds including Turkey, Original and Hot & Spicy; which can be found at your favorite store in the refrigerated section.
All of which would work beautifully in this recipe. The crumbles are fully cooked, which saved so much time in the kitchen.
While the eggplant and mushrooms are roasting in the oven, you can prepare the rest of ingredients so this meal can be ready in 30 minutes!
How do you make Turkey Sausage & Roasted Eggplant Casserole?
For this recipe you’ll need eggplant, garlic, mushrooms, EVOO, turkey sausage crumbles, fresh rosemary, scallions. grated Pecorino Romano cheese, Asiago cheese, white wine, and Italian bread crumbs.
While the eggplant is roasting, add the sausage crumbles to a large bowl along with the rosemary, scallions, Pecorino Romano cheese, 1/2 cup of the Asiago cheese, wine and breadcrumbs.
Remove the eggplant from the oven and add to the vegetable mixture and mix well. Place the mixture in an 8″x8″ oven safe baking dish, sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of Asiago cheese and bake for 10 minutes. ~Enjoy!
More Casserole Recipes
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 eggplant
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces quartered white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese; divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Leaving the skin on, dice the eggplant into 2-inch to 3-inch pieces; then place in a large bowl.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic and oil. Toss together to coat and place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the eggplant is roasting, add the sausage crumbles to a large bowl along with the rosemary, scallions, Pecorino Romano cheese, 1/2 cup of the Asiago cheese, wine and breadcrumbs.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven and add to the vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Place the mixture in an 8"x8" oven safe baking dish, sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of Asiago cheese and bake for 10 minutes.
Connect with me on Social Media
*Originally shared March 2014; Updated August 2021