These russet potatoes stuffed with Alouette’s wasabi cheddar spreadable cheese make a tasty side dish.
This is not a sponsored post; however, when food shopping, I like to look for new items that may make planning weeknight meals that much easier. On one of my recent trips, I saw that Alouette came out with a new cheese spread called Wasabi Cheddar.
Lately, anything wasabi flavored is ok in my book. It’s amazing how your taste buds change over the years because I never liked it before. I LOVED these potatoes and they made a tasty side dish. They were so easy to make too.
I took a shortcut and cooked the potatoes in the microwave before scooping out the flesh and adding the cheese, some milk, butter and scallions; then baked them for about 10 minutes to make sure the cheese was melted and hot. If you like your food with even more heat, increase the amount of cheese you add.
I would have liked more, but my youngest isn’t a huge fan so I wanted to keep them on the mild side. I’d definitely give these Wasabi-Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes a try the next time you’re looking to spice up your side dish offerings. ~Enjoy!
Wasabi Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes
- 2 Large Russet Baking Potatoes
- ½ c . Alouette Wasabi Cheddar Cheese Spread
- 2 tbsp . Butter
- ¼ c . Milk
- 1 Scallion chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the potato skins well with a vegetable brush under warm water. Pierce 2-3 holes in the skin and place on a microwave safe dish lined with paper towels.
- Microwave on high for 10-15 minutes or until the flesh is soft when you insert the tip of a sharp knife. Actual time will depend on the size of your potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the flesh into a medium bowl as they will be hot. Save the skin as a shell and place on a baking sheet.
- Add the cheese, butter, milk and scallions to the potatoes and mash well; then place them back into the four shells.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Looking for more Twice Baked Potato ideas? Check out these recipes!