Sausage, Zucchini and Rice Casserole
Ground sausage, garden fresh zucchini, tomatoes & garlic combined with rice to make a tasty weeknight casserole the entire family will love.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 lb . Ground Italian Pork Sausage
- 2 c . Finely Diced Zucchini
- 4 c . Cooked Rice, (white brown or long grain)
- 1 c . Diced Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 10 oz . Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 c. Chicken Broth
- 1 c . Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Start by preparing your rice. Depending on which kind you use this can take any where from 5-20 minutes. I used instant white rice so mine only took about 5 minutes.
While the rice is cooking, brown the sausage in a skillet on top of the stove until it is cooked through and no longer pink; then drain off any excess grease and place in a bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients minus the cheese to the bowl and mix well.
Place the mixture in an oven safe casserole dish, sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 30 minutes.