Florentine Chicken Stew
Florentine Chicken Stew made with boneless chicken breasts, celery, carrots and onions, spinach, white wine, chicken broth, Dijon mustard and cannellini beans.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 3 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 c. Red Onion, chopped
- 1 c. Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 c. Celery, washed and sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. ExtraVirgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 c. White Wine
- 1 c. Frozen Chopped Spinach, defrosted and drained
- 2 c. Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1- 15(ounce) Can Cannellini Beans, rinsed under cold water
In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil and add chicken. Saute until cooked through; then remove from pan and set aside.
Next, add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic to the pot and saute until they have started to soften.
Add the flour so that it forms a roux; then deglaze the pot with the white wine.
Add the chicken broth, mustard, spinach and cooked chicken and mix well.
Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally; then stir in the beans and let simmer for an additional 15 minutes. Serve over egg noodles or rice.