Vegetarian Roasted Tomato, Spinach and Chick Pea Soup
Vegetarian Roasted Tomato, Spinach and Chick Pea Soup made with roasted tomatoes, fresh spinach and chick peas is so creamy and delicious.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 5 cups
- 1 Beefsteak or Heirloom Tomato, chopped
- 2 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1- 15(ounce) can Chick Peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 c. Fresh Baby Spinach, rinsed, stems removed
- 2 c. Vegetable Broth
- 1 c. Water
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Season tomatoes with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes until they start to soften.
Heat the oil in a nonstick saute pan over medium heat; then add the onion and garlic. Saute 2-3 minutes until the onion starts to turn translucent.
Add the basil, spinach, chick peas and cooked tomatoes and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the broth and water, bring to a boil; then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
If you like a "brothy" soup, leave whole. If you prefer it blended (like I did), use your immersion blender to blend all of the ingredients together until smooth; approximately 1-2 minutes.