Honey Lime Carrots made with fresh carrots tossed with honey, butter and fresh lime juice are a tasty vegetable side dish.
When making dinner, I like to keep the same flavors with my sides and vegetables so came up with these Honey Lime Carrots to go with Coconut and Lime Breaded Pork Cutlets.
Fresh vegetables taste so much better than canned or even frozen for that matter. I think it has to do with the texture. Most frozen vegetables are mushy. But with fresh, you can control the firmness you prefer.
When you steaming fresh carrots, I like to leave them a bit on the crispier side. Everyone is my family prefers them that way and when the girls were younger, it helped to get them to eat more veggies! You'll also need a steamer pot or double boiler for this recipe.
What is a double boiler?
A double boiler is a pot that is solid on the bottom and the top pot has holes in it and fits inside the bottom pot to help steam food.
You add your vegetables to the top pot with the holes; then add some water to the bottom pot before cooking.
It steams your vegetables rather than boils them. I love this one from All Clad.
How do you make Honey Lime Carrots?
For this recipe you'll need baby carrots, butter, honey, lime juice, Kosher salt and black pepper. Steam carrots over a double boiler until they are fork tender but slightly firm, approximately 10 minutes.
Drain the water from the bottom pot; then add the carrots along with the butter, honey, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
Cook over medium heat until most of the liquid evaporates and gets slightly thickened; then remove from heat and serve.
These Honey Lime Carrots made the perfect accompaniment to our pork chops and the hint of lime and sweetness of the honey were perfect.
Other great suggestions are:
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
More carrot recipes...
- Mashed Carrot Casserole
- Carrot Souffle
- Sweet & Sour Roasted Carrots
- Crack Carrots
- Maple Roasted Baby Carrots
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Honey Lime Glazed Carrots
- Steam carrots over a double boiler until they are fork tender but slightly firm, approximately 10 minutes.1 pound baby carrots
- Drain the water from the bottom pot; then add the carrots along with the butter, honey, lime juice, salt, and pepper.1 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook over medium heat until most of the liquid evaporates and gets slightly thickened; then remove from heat and serve.