Sautéed Artichokes & Potatoes or Carciofi e Patate in Italian; is a favorite side dish during an Italian Easter dinner.
This week on #SundaySupper hosted by Lifestyle Food Artistry and Crazy Food Stunts, we’re celebrating Spring and I don’t know about you, but I’ve certainly had enough of winter and snow this season. That’s why I decided to make these Sautéed Artichokes & Potatoes or Carciofi e Patate in Italian; the light flavors just scream Spring!
Made with only six ingredients, Sautéed Artichokes & Potatoes make the perfect side dish because they are made on top of the stove instead of using valuable oven space; especially when you usually need that real estate when cooking for a holiday.
This recipe makes enough for ten 1/2 cup servings and takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish. You can even prepare these the day before then reheat in a saute pan before you’re ready to serve.
The flavor combination is simple enough for #SundaySupper, yet elegant enough to serve for a special occasion. This tasty side dish is made with baby red bliss potatoes, artichoke hearts, fresh garlic, lemon juice and basil; then sautéed in a little olive oil.
These Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes are delicious and so light it reminds me of the freshness of Springtime and would make a great addition to any meal. Don’t worry if you have some leftover, heat them up for breakfast the next morning with some eggs. ~Enjoy!
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes
- 1 lb . Baby Red Potatoes, skins washed and cut in half
- 6 Whole Artichoke Hearts, quartered (14oz. can)
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp . Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp . Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp . Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper, as desired
- Add the potatoes to a double boiler and boil over high heat until potatoes are fork tender; approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan and add the cooked potatoes, artichoke hearts, garlic, lemon juice, and basil. Saute for about 10 minutes until the potatoes start to lightly brown. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Get my weekly newsletter for the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Connect with me on Social Media