Skillet Chicken, Sausage, Artichokes and Potatoes made on top of the stove with sausage, chicken, artichoke hearts and potatoes in a white wine sauce.
I first made this recipe back in 2011 utilizing leftover chicken and sausage that I had already cooked on the grill. While I was looking back at some of my original recipes, this one stood out because I remember it tasting so good.
It’s almost like chicken scarpariello which is one of my favorite Italian dishes to order out. So I decided to make this Skillet Chicken, Sausage, Artichokes and Potatoes dish again from scratch.
Cooking meals all in one pan on top of the stove really cuts down on clean up, time spent in the kitchen preparing a meal and is especially helpful on busy weeknights.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Italian sausage (I used sweet, but you can use hot)
- boneless chicken breasts
- scallions (or onions)
- fresh rosemary, potatoes
- artichoke hearts
- white wine
- chicken broth
If you want to add a little more tartness to this dish, you can use marinated artichokes instead, but I opted for the non marinated kind.
Also, I used sausage links, cut them down into bite sized pieces before browning. However, you can also cook your sausage links whole in the oven ahead of time and refrigerate them overnight until you’re ready to prepare this dish.
How do you make skillet chicken, sausage and potatoes?
To make this recipe, get out a large skillet and heat your EVOO. Cut the sausage links into bite sized pieces (I got 6 pieces per link) and brown the sausage until it’s almost cooked through; then remove from the pan and set aside.
Next, your diced chicken into the pan and cook that until it’s cooked through. This step takes approximately 15 minutes.
Next, add chopped scallions, garlic, fresh rosemary and saute for 1-2 minutes; then add potatoes, artichoke hearts, white wine and chicken broth.
Finally, add the sausage back to the pan, cover with a lid, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until your potatoes are fork tender.
OMG this Skillet Chicken, Sausage, Artichokes and Potatoes was amazing and so easy to make. If you want to add some of those pickled cherry peppers I bet this would taste just like chicken scarpariello, but we loved it just like this.
I served ours with a tossed salad, but you could make some steamed vegetables to go with it as well. ~Enjoy!
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
More Skillet Meals
- Italian Ground Chicken Pasta Skillet
- Mexican Chicken Taco Skillet
- Cheeseburger Gnocchi
- Skillet Pesto Chicken Pasta
- Cheesy Skillet Shrimp & Tortellini
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Skillet Chicken, Sausage, Artichokes and Potatoes
- 5 links Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 pound Boneless Chicken Breast, large dice
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 4 medium Potatoes, peeled, cut into quarters
- 1- (14-ounce) can Artichoke Hearts
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Heat your oil in a large skillet on top of the stove. Cut the sausage links into bite sized pieces (I got 6 pieces per link) and brown the sausage until it's almost cooked through; then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Next, your diced chicken into the pan and cook that until it's cooked through. This step takes approximately 15 minutes.
- Next, add chopped scallions, garlic, fresh rosemary and saute for 1-2 minutes; then add potatoes that have been peeled and cut into quarters, artichoke hearts, white wine and chicken broth.
- Finally, add the sausage back into the pan, cover the pan with a lid, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until your potatoes are fork tender.
Connect with me on Social Media