If you’re looking for a quick and easy Asian inspired salad that’s perfect for lunch or dinner; then this Spicy Peanut Noodle Salad recipe is for you.
Several years ago I went to a tricky tray and as a “parting gift” we received a small collection book of recipes suitable for party-type foods.
The book mainly consisted of drinks, appetizers, salads, and sandwiches; however, one salad in particular caught my attention: Spicy Peanut Noodle Salad.
I have seen many variations of this salad while surfing on Pinterest, but all of them contain at least one common ingredient: peanut butter; which makes the dressing super creamy.
What I like about this recipe is that you can make it your own by adding the vegetables you like or happen to have on hand, it can be consumed either hot or cold.
Though for this recipe, I served it as a cold salad. You can also add cooked chicken, turkey or shrimp and make it a main entree.
For this salad you’ll need the following:
- Long Noodles–You can use any long thin noodle like thin linguine (which is what I used), spaghetti, fettuccine, angel hair, rice noodles, etc.
- Thin Sliced Vegetables–I used English cucumbers, scallions and carrots. Other options can include snow peas, peppers, mushrooms, onions, zucchini, etc.
- Dressing–You’ll need Dijon mustard, honey, chicken broth, peanut butter, soy sauce and chili paste (adjust to your heat preference)
- Optional–Add diced chicken, turkey or shrimp
How do you make Peanut Noodle Salad?
Start by cooking the pasta according to package directions, rinse under cold water and drain well before placing it into a mixing bowl.
While the pasta is cooking, clean and slice your vegetables. Next, combine your dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
Finally, add the vegetables and dressing to the pasta and toss to coat all of the noodles; then refrigerate for at least 2 hours so that the dressing absorbs into the pasta.
Give the pasta one last toss before serving and garnish with scallions or add your optional diced chicken, turkey or shrimp.
I thought this Spicy Noodle Salad would be heavy because of the peanut butter; however, it was actually really light and I LOVED the flavor. The salad was creamy and the dressing coated the noodles perfectly.
I can’t wait to make this salad again. Hmm…maybe I’ll make this salad with the Pan Asian Grilled Short Ribs. 🙂 ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Spicy Peanut Noodle Salad
For the Salad
- 8 oz. Thin Linguine (or other thin, long noodle)
- 2 c. Thin Sliced Vegetables (cucumbers, snow peas, scallions, carrots, peppers, etc.)
- Prepared Dressing
- 2 c. Chicken, Turkey or Shrimp, cooked, diced (optional)
For the Salad
- Start by cooking your pasta according to package directions, rinse under cold water and drain well before placing it into a mixing bowl.
- While the pasta is cooking, clean and slice your vegetables.
- Finally, add the vegetables and dressing to the pasta and toss to coat all of the noodles; then refrigerate for at least 2 hours so that the dressing absorbs into the pasta. Give the pasta one last toss before serving. Garnish with optional toppings.
For the Dressing
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
More Asian Inspired Recipes
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Chili Garlic Green Beans
- Oriental Dressing (Applebee’s Copycat)
- Asian Chicken Wings
Connect with me on Social Media
For more Asian Inspired recipes, visit my Pinterest board.