Chocolate Carrot Bundt Cake made with fresh carrots is a deliciously moist, chocolatey cake that can be served for dessert or breakfast.
Technically, this Chocolate Carrot Bundt Cake is a quick bread; however, I decided to make it in a bundt pan to serve as a dessert. I also usually never have excess carrots on hand, but I forgot that I had already purchased some when I was food shopping.
Then, I bought more so of course I had to find a way to use them up!
I used the base recipe for my Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread, tweaked some ingredients and I have to say this bundt cake really came out well.
How do you make Chocolate Carrot Bundt Cake?
For this recipe you'll need eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla extract, all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cocoa powder and grated carrots.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F; then combine the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and whisk until well blended. Add the oil and vanilla extract and whisk again.
In a separate small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture with a wooden spoon; then add the grated carrots.
Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Bake for 50-60 minutes until the top springs back when touched or a toothpick comes out clean when inserted and allow to cool before slicing.
The kids liked this Chocolate Carrot Bundt Cake, but said they would have preferred it better if I added some mini chocolate chips to it. Maybe I'll add some next time or make muffins instead. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletterand receive a FREE eBook!
Chocolate Carrot Bundt Cake
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 cups Grated Carrots
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well blended; then whisk in the oil and vanilla extract.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt. baking and cocoa powder. Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture with a spoon.
- Next, mix in the grated carrots until they are well blended.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Bake for 50-60 minutes until the top springs back when touched or a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Let cool before slicing.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
*Originally shared October 2013/Updated March 2019
My kids and I would love to eat this! When I think I'm not going to deal with the farm share carrots in a timely manner I finely shred and freeze them, so I have some on standby for winter. What a terrific idea. Thanks!
Carrie Farias says
Glad you like the recipe Kirsten and what a great use for all of those extra shredded carrots~Enjoy!