These Italian Cannellini Bean Burgers are delicious, quick and easy weeknight meal that is loaded with protein and flavor.
A while ago, I made Greek Black Bean Sliders . It was my first foray in making a non-meat burger and I really liked them; however, I haven’t made them since. So I decided to try another version with these Italian Cannellini Bean Burgers and OH MY GOODNESS…even better!
This version had all of my favorite flavors wrapped up in one neat little package. Spinach. Garlic. Tomatoes. Mushrooms. Rosemary. How can you go wrong? These burgers are so simple to make too. Just mix all of the ingredients together, fry them in a minuscule amount of olive oil and in 20 minutes, lunch or dinner is served!
I like how flavorful and filling these are on their own served with a side salad. You can even make these ahead of time and take for lunch as they also reheat beautifully. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Italian Cannellini Bean Burgers
- 1- 15(ounce) Can Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c. Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 tbsp. Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
- 1 Scallion, chopped
- 1/2 c. Baby Spinach
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, diced
- 2 White Button Mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add the beans, oats and cheese to your food processor and pulse 3-4 times leaving some of the beans somewhat in tack; then place the mixture in a bowl.
- In the same food processor, combine the scallions, spinach, rosemary, garlic, tomatoes and mushrooms; then pulse until the mixture is smooth. Add the mixture to the beans and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saute pan. Form six balls with the bean mixture and flatten.
- Fry each bean burger 3-5 minutes per side and drain on paper towels to remove any excess oil.