Pumpkin Maple Pecan Ice Cream made with wholesome ingredients like half and half, milk, sugar, pumpkin, maple syrup and pecans.
I scream. You scream. We all scream for ice cream! And trust me, you will definitely be screaming for more of this Pumpkin Maple Pecan Ice Cream.
My ice cream maker has been putting in some over time these last few months because it tastes better than most store-bought brands and it’s just so easy to make at home; especially when you can control the ingredients that go into it.
I wanted to come up with a new Fall flavor to celebrate this time of year and pumpkin, maple and pecan sounded like the perfect combination to me.
For this recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Half and Half
- Granulated Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Pumpkin Puree
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Chopped Pecans
As far as equipment goes, you’ll need an ice cream maker. The one we have is super easy to use, but you will need to make sure the insert has been frozen for at least one day before you prepare the ice cream. It’s a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and sells for under $100 on Amazon so it would also make a great holiday gift!
How do you make Pumpkin Maple Pecan Ice Cream?
Start by placing the half and half and sugar in a large bowl and blend with an electric handheld mixer until the sugar dissolves. Next, blend in the heavy cream, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
Pour the mixture into your pre-frozen ice cream maker insert, turn on the machine and churn for approximately 30 minutes until the mixture thickens. Add the chopped pecans and mix with a spoon.
Finally, transfer the ice cream into an airtight freezer safe container and place in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours before serving. I also like to cover the ice cream with plastic wrap before putting on the lid.
This Pumpkin Maple Pecan Ice Cream was delicious, not too sweet with just the right about of buttery maple flavor. Because it is orange in color due to the pumpkin, it makes for a festive dessert for Thanksgiving or any time during the Fall season.
More Sweet Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Pecan Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Biscotti
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
- Ice Cream Maker
- Handheld Electric Mixer
- Place the half and half and sugar in a large bowl and blend with an electric mixer until the sugar dissolves; then blend in the heavy cream, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into your pre-frozen ice cream maker insert, turn on the machine and churn for approximately 30 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Add the chopped pecans and mix with a spoon.
- Transfer the ice cream into an airtight freezer safe container and place in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours (best when it sits overnight) before serving.