This Rosemary Chianti Cheese Ball made with three types of cheese, Italian Chianti and fresh rosemary makes a tasty appetizer any time of year.
A few weeks ago I hosted Bunco and when it’s the hosts turn, they have to provide all of the food and beverages for the event; which is for twelve people. Since I had February, I wanted to keep with a red theme and came up with this Rosemary Chianti Cheese Ball.
How do you make Rosemary Chianti Cheese Ball?
Cheese Balls are deliciously quick and so easy to make. For this recipe you’ll need softened cream cheese, Jarlsburg cheese, grated Pecorino Romano cheese, Italian Chianti wine and fresh chopped rosemary.
Add all ingredients to your food processor and pulse until all ingredients have been combined and the mixture starts to form into a ball.
Remove the cheese and wrap in plastic wrap; keeping the ball shape.Refrigerate for at least 2 hours; then serve with crackers or crostini.
Cheese balls only take about 10 minutes to prepare; however, they need to be chilled for at least 2 hours in order to set before serving.
My guests all loved this Rosemary Chianti Cheese Ball and I served it with crackers, but you could also use sliced French or Italian bread.
I think I’ll try making this again for Christmas or New Year’s Eve too. If you’re looking for Bunco ideas for March, check out my Irish Bunco post from last year. ~Enjoy!
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Rosemary Chianti Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded jarlsburg cheese
- 2 tablespoons italian chianti red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons grated pecorino romano cheese
- Add all ingredients to your food processor and pulse until all ingredients have been combined and the mixture starts to form into a ball.
- Remove the cheese and wrap in plastic wrap; keeping the ball shape.Refrigerate for at least 2 hours; then serve with crackers or crostini.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Shop Related Products