Macaroni and Cheese just took on a new level of maturity with this creamy version of Rosemary & Goat Cheese Mac n’ Cheese.
Sometimes all it takes is just a small taste of something and my mind starts wandering with all of the different combinations of food I could possibly make. Such is the case with this Rosemary & Goat Cheese Mac n’ Cheese.
I attended a small gathering recently to celebrate a close family friends’ 75th birthday. At the party, which was hosted by his son and daughter in law, they had figs topped with goat cheese, rosemary and a jam (I can’t remember what it was, but think it might have been apple) as one of the appetizers.
They were amazing! I just loved the flavor combination and knew it would make a wonderful mixture in some other of our favorite dishes as well.[clickToTweet tweet=”Macaroni and Cheese just took on a new level of maturity with this creamy version of Rosemary & Goat Cheese Mac n’ Cheese. #pasta #macandcheese” quote=”Macaroni and Cheese just took on a new level of maturity with this creamy version of Rosemary & Goat Cheese Mac n’ Cheese. “]
Well…my first attempt was a success! Everyone loved this Mac n’ Cheese variation, even my 11 year old. She can’t wait to try my new experiments when she gets home from school and we have a deal that I don’t share what’s inside the dish until she tries it.
Even she was pleasantly surprised that it contained Goat cheese (which she never wanted to try before), but mixed with the cream cheese and rosemary, it was very subtle, yet rich and filling. If you want to impress your family and friends, you can make this as a main entree or as a side dish. It would also make an elegant addition to a buffet selection during the upcoming holidays. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Macaroni and Cheese just took on a new level of maturity with this creamy version of Rosemary & Goat Cheese Mac n' Cheese
- 1 lb. Macaroni (or other pasta)
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 c. Milk (I used 2%)
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 3.5 oz. Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 c. Italian Flavored Breadcrumbs
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Black Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente; then drain and place back in the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt 2 tbsp. of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; then whisk in the flour forming a roux.
- Gradually whisk in the milk until the roux has broken up and there are no lumps.
- Next, add the cream cheese, goat cheese and rosemary. Keep whisking until the cheese has completely melted and the sauce is creamy.
- Add the sauce to the cooked macaroni and mix well; then place in an oven safe baking dish (8"x8").
- Place the breadcrumbs in a small bowl; then melt the remaining 2 tbsp. butter (either in the microwave or a small pan). Add the butter to the breadcrumbs, mix together and sprinkle on top of the macaroni.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the breadcrumbs are lightly brown and the macaroni is bubbly.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.