This Three Cheese Mac n’ Cheese is so creamy. It’s made with Velveeta, Asiago and Pecorino Romano cheeses; then baked until hot and bubbly.
Today, is my daughters 16th birthday…Yes, Sweet 16! And last month, we celebrated by having a Mardi Gras themed party for our immediate family and 100 of her closest friends.
Well, she also shared the party with her friend so most of the friends were both of theirs. The kids had a blast, our immediate families were all there to celebrate and everyone danced the night away.
That brings me to the birthday girls dinner. As you know, when it’s your birthday at my house, you get to choose whatever you want to have. So tonight, we will be dining on Italian Breaded Chicken Cutlets with Bruschetta (we put it on top of the cutlets and everyone loves it this way!), this Three Cheese Mac & Cheese (which was so good that when I made this the first time, she told me to make it again for her birthday), a Garden Salad and she wanted an Ice Cream Cake.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Three Cheese Mac & Cheese
- 1 lb . Dry Macaroni Pasta
- 2 tbsp . Butter
- 2 tbsp . All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 c . Milk
- 1/2 c . 2% Velveeta Cheese, diced
- 1/4 c . Asiago Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c . Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
- 1 c . Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp . Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, removing the pasta while it’s still al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt 2 tbsp. butter in a large saucepan, then stir in the flour forming a roux.
- Whisk in the milk, then add in the cheese. Stir until all of the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce and mix well, then place the pasta in a oven safe baking dish (I used a 9”x9” corning ware).
- Combine the breadcrumbs and 1 tbsp. melted butter, then sprinkle on top of the macaroni.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling.