Three Cheese Mac n’ Cheese made with Velveeta, Asiago and Pecorino Romano cheeses, topped with a buttery crust; then baked until hot and bubbly.
Today, is my daughters 16th birthday…Yes, Sweet 16! And last month, we celebrated by having a Mardi Gras themed party for our immediate family and 100 of her closest friends.
Well, she also shared the party with her friend so most of the friends were both of theirs. The kids had a blast, our immediate families were all there to celebrate and everyone danced the night away.
That brings me to the birthday girls dinner. When it’s your birthday at my house, you get to choose whatever you want to have for dinner. So tonight, we will be dining on Italian Breaded Chicken Cutlets with Bruschetta.
We put the bruschetta on top of the cutlets and everyone loves it this way. Next, we’ll be dining on this Three Cheese Mac & Cheese, a Garden Salad and she wanted an Ice Cream Cake.
How do you make Three Cheese Mac and Cheese?
For this recipe you’ll need macaroni pasta, butter, all purpose flour, milk, Velveeta cheese, Asiago cheese and grated Pecorino Romano cheese. To make the crumb topping, you’ll need Italian seasoned breadcrumbs and melted butter.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Cook pasta according to package instructions, removing the pasta while it’s still al dente. While the pasta is cooking, melt some butter in a large saucepan; then add the flour forming a roux.
Whisk in the milk; then add the cheeses and stir until all of the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened slightly.Add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce and mix well, then place the pasta in a 9″x9″ oven safe baking dish.
Combine the breadcrumbs and melted butter in a small bowl; then sprinkle on top of the macaroni. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling.
We’ll have to wait until she gets home to dig in because she’s going for her permit, then driving lessons with an old high school friend who owns a local driving school. I just hope she passes the written test so keep your fingers crossed!!!! ~Enjoy!
More Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
- Chorizo Macaroni and Cheese
- Broccoli Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
- Cheddar Ale Mac n’ Cheese
- Pumpkin and Sage Baked Macaroni
- Pesto Mac n’ Cheese
Three Cheese Mac n' Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, removing the pasta while it’s still al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large saucepan; then add the flour forming a roux.
- Whisk in the milk, then add the cheeses Stir until all of the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce and mix well, then place the pasta in a oven safe baking dish (I used a 9”x9”).
- Combine the breadcrumbs and melted butter, then sprinkle on top of the macaroni.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling.