Skillet Artichoke Chicken made with boneless chicken breasts, artichoke hearts, garlic, rosemary and mushrooms in a light, lemony broth is a quick and easy, low fat meal that’s ready in under 30 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights or weekend get togethers.
I’m so excited to share this recipe for Skillet Artichoke Chicken with you because not only does it taste fabulous, it’s SO quick and easy to make! I don’t know about you, but after eating so much heavy food over the holidays I’m certainly ready to lighten things up a bit in the kitchen.
For starters, you’ll need boneless chicken breasts, artichoke hearts, garlic, fresh rosemary, mushrooms, chicken broth (or bone broth if you’re making this meal Whole30 compliant) and lemon. I generally like to use chicken tenderloins because they’re generally 2-ounces each and all you have to do is pound them out a bit with a meat mallet. However, I didn’t have any on hand so I used regular, full size chicken breasts and had to trim them down by cutting them horizontally.
Once you have your chicken trimmed and ready, brown them in a large skillet with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil. Once cooked through (approximately 5 minutes) remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Next, add the artichoke hearts, garlic, rosemary and mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms start to soften.
Finally, add the broth and the juice and zest from one lemon, mix well. I like to use low sodium/fat free chicken broth. Add the chicken back to the skillet, cover and simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
While I served our Skillet Artichoke Chicken over cous cous, serving this dish over rice or egg noodles would taste great too. This chicken dish is so light and flavorful you won’t miss the extra calories and fat. It’s great for those busy weeknights when it’s tough getting dinner on the table too. ~Enjoy!
Get my weekly newsletter for the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Skillet Artichoke Chicken
- 24 oz. Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 14 oz. Can Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 8 oz. Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 c. Low Sodium-Fat Free Chicken Broth or Bone Broth
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- Trim chicken to 2 ounce pieces; then brown them on both sides in a large skillet with the oil. Once cooked through (approximately 5 minutes) remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Next, add the artichoke hearts, garlic, rosemary and mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Next, add the broth and the juice and zest from one lemon, mix well.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet, cover and simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Bloglovin’
This post includes links to my affiliate account at Amazon.com where Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen earns a few cents on the dollar when readers like yourself purchase the items I recommend. Thank you for supporting Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen when you shop at Amazon!