Iceberg lettuce wedge topped with crispy, crumbled bacon and a homemade Parmesan Peppercorn Buttermilk Dressing.
Are you tired of boring dressings that leave your salad feeling ordinary and dull? Well, get ready to elevate your wedge salad game to a whole new level with the perfect dressing: Parmesan Peppercorn Buttermilk.
The combination of rich Parmesan cheese, zesty black pepper, and tangy buttermilk creates a flavor profile that is both indulgent and refreshing.
When you drizzle this dressing over your wedge salad, you'll immediately notice the smooth texture and creamy consistency. The Parmesan adds a subtle nuttiness that perfectly complements the robust kick of the black pepper.
The creaminess of the Parmesan Peppercorn Buttermilk Dressing coats each leaf of lettuce and every crispy bacon bit, infusing them with a burst of savory goodness.
Add a few tomatoes and this wedge salad will taste like a BLT with an extra flair!
For this recipe you're going to need the following ingredients:
Black Peppercorns: Use a pepper mill to grind the pepper.
Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
Bacon: Cooked and crumbled into bits. You can use any form of bacon including low sodium, nitrate free or turkey bacon.
Optional Toppings: Tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onions, croutons, etc.
Make the Parmesan Peppercorn Buttermilk Dressing
Add the buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and grated cheese to a small bowl; then whisk until smooth.
Assemble the Wedge Salad
Remove the core from the iceberg lettuce by pounding it on a hard surface. Run the lettuce under cold water; then drain on a clean towel.
Cut the lettuce into quarters and place on a plate. Add desired amount of dressing; then top with crumbled bacon bits and any additional toppings.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Salad Recipes
- Bleu Cheese Pecan Chopped Salad (Outback Steakhouse Copycat)
- Grilled Iceberg Wedge with Pecans in a Balsamic Goat Cheese Vinaigrette
- Mediterranean Arugula Salad with Homemade Greek Vinaigrette
- Spinach Salad with Apples and Pecans in an Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Wedge Salad with Parmesan Peppercorn Buttermilk Dressing
- Add the buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and grated cheese to a small bowl; then whisk until smooth.
- Remove the core from the iceberg lettuce by pounding it on a hard surface. Run the lettuce under cold water; then drain on a clean towel.
- Cut the lettuce into quarters and place on a plate. Add desired amount of dressing; then top with crumbled bacon bits and any additional toppings.