This deliciously flavorful Spinach Salad with Apples & Pecans in an Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette contains only five ingredients and takes about 10 minutes to make. Perfect for lunch or dinner!
This week on #SundaySupper we’ve gathered some tasty new recipes for you to try that are perfect for picnicking; especially with National Picnic Day coming up on Thursday.
When I think of picnics, my mind automatically goes to salads and I always like to find new ones to add to our al fresco dining each year.
I decided to make this Spinach Salad with Apples & Pecans in an Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette and I think this one is a definite keeper!
How do you make Spinach Salad?
This spinach salad is so easy to make and with a few simple ingredients, it’s ready in about 5-10 minutes. Start off by purchasing fresh baby spinach; then wash it in a salad spinner to make sure it’s clean.
I never assume that pre-washed vegetables are totally clean (and after running it through a salad spinner, you’ll see why!).
After your spinach is washed and fairly dry, add it to a bowl; then add the sliced apples and pecans.
How do you make Apple Balsamic Vinagrette?
Next, whisk together the apple balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. You can either dress your salad right before serving or keep the vinaigrette separate so that your guests can add as little or as much as they want.
I was a little hesitant about posting this recipe because as you all know, I generally only like to use ingredients that you can find locally. I had purchased this apple balsamic vinegar from a specialty shop in Philadelphia several months ago and thought it would go perfectly with this salad.
Before posting I went online and found that you can purchase this flavor vinegar at various stores online and even Walmart had a variety; though I’m not sure about the quality. If you can’t find apple balsamic, a regular balsamic will do just fine.
This simple Spinach Salad with Apples & Pecans in an Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette was delicious with the perfect combination of flavors.
Because the salad is also vinegar based, it makes a nice salad to take to a picnic without worrying about keeping it on ice (that is unless you plan on leaving it out for several hours!).
One other suggestion I have is if you are not going to serve it immediately, I recommend dipping the sliced apples in some lemon juice so that they don’t oxidize and turn brown before you’re ready to eat. ~Enjoy!
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
More Salad Recipes
- Spinach Salad with Beets
- Bleu Cheese Pecan Chopped Salad (Outback Steakhouse Copycat)
- Healthy Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Spinach Salad with Apples & Pecans in an Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Add the cleaned spinach to a bowl; then top with sliced apples and pecans.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; then pour over the salad (or place in a separate dispenser for later)
Don’t forget to stop by my fellow Sunday Supper Tastemasters this week to see what they’re serving up at their picnics.
- Caprese Skewers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- French Onion Dip, with Greek Yogurt by Casa de Crews
- Pepperoni Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Watermelon Salad by annaDishes
- Blackberry Lemonade by The Redhead Baker
- Blueberry Mojito Mocktails by NeighborFood
- Minty Cardinal Punch by Food Lust People Love
- Sangria Punch by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Pineapple Lemonade by Noshing With The Nolands
- Avocado Sriracha Egg Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Chicken Salad Sliders by Life Tastes Good
- Spanish tortilla by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli & Tomato Pasta Salad by Flour On My Face
- Buffalo Macaroni Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- No Mayo Slaw with Poppyseed Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Spiralized Beet and Goat Cheese Salad by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Soups and Salads:
- Bacon-Bulleit Brownies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fudgey Coca Cola Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Lemon Yuzu Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Lemon Chess Pies by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- No-Bake Cookie Butter Chex Mix Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Peanut Butter Bars by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peanut Butter Carob Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sourdough Chunk Cookies by What Smells So Good?
Connect with me on Social Media