Triple chocolate prepared brownies coated with sweet white chocolate is an easy, decadent, chocolatey snack.
Well, what do you do when you set out to make brownies and then they don't release from your pan? This is what happened to me a couple of months ago.
We were having company for dinner on a Sunday and the kids wanted to make a last minute dessert. I usually have a box of brownie mix in the house just in case we need a chocolate fix so I decided to make those.
Instead of making them in a square pan, we decided to make them in the mini muffin pan instead so that they were smaller servings.
I did spray the pans with cooking spray, but for some reason when they came out and cooled, they were breaking in half and didn't want to release themselves from the bottom of the pan.
Normally, I would have just thrown them away or threw them in a bowl to pick on, but I decided to make these brownie bites out of them.
How do you make White Chocolate Covered Brownie Bites?
For this recipe you'll need Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix, an egg, Canola oil, water and white chocolate. Prepare brownies as directed on the box, allow to cool slightly; then add them to a mixing bowl.
Using clean hands, crush them up and form into 1-inch round balls. Place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper and put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Melt the chocolate and dip each brownie ball into the melted chocolate. Place the brownie bites back on the wax paper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This particular brand of brownie mix from Betty Crocker is the only kind I buy and it's loaded with chocolate chunks and is so moist.
All the time, every time. Because of this, I didn't even need to add anything to it! Just rolled them into balls, dipped them into chocolate and voila! Instant dessert.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
White Chocolate Covered Brownie Bites
- 1 box Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix
- ⅓ cup Canola oil
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup water
- 6 ounces white chocolate, melted
- Prepare brownies as directed, allow to cool; then add them to a bowl. Using your hands (make sure they're clean!), crush them up and form into 1-inch round balls.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper and put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and dip each brownie ball into the melted chocolate. Place the brownie bites back on the wax paper and refrigerate until ready to serve.