Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes or Carciofi e Patate in Italian; is a favorite side dish during an Italian Easter dinner.
This week on #SundaySupper hosted by Lifestyle Food Artistry and Crazy Food Stunts, we’re celebrating Spring and I don’t know about you, but I’ve certainly had enough of winter and snow this season. That’s why I decided to make these Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes or Carciofi e Patate in Italian; the light flavors just scream Spring!
Made with only six ingredients, Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes make the perfect side dish because they are made on top of the stove instead of using valuable oven space; especially when you usually need that real estate when cooking for a holiday. This recipe makes enough for ten 1/2 cup servings and takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish. You can even prepare these the day before then reheat in a saute pan before you’re ready to serve.
The flavor combination is simple enough for #SundaySupper, yet elegant enough to serve for a special occasion. This tasty side dish is made with baby red bliss potatoes, artichoke hearts, fresh garlic, lemon juice and basil; then sauteed in a little olive oil. These Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes are delicious and so light it reminds me of the freshness of Springtime and would make a great addition to any meal. Don’t worry if you have some leftover, heat them up for breakfast the next morning with some eggs. ~Enjoy!
- 1 lb. Baby Red Potatoes, skins washed and cut in half
- 6 Whole Artichoke Hearts, quartered (14oz. can)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper, as desired
- Add the potatoes to a double boiler and boil over high heat until potatoes are fork tender; approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan and add the cooked potatoes, artichoke hearts, garlic, lemon juice, and basil. Saute for about 10 minutes until the potatoes start to lightly brown. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Don’t forget to check out some of these other fabulous Spring recipes for this week’s #SundaySupper!
- Easter Egg Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Home-made Limoncello by Manu’s Menu
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Martini by The Redhead Baker
- Asparagus and Roasted Garlic Hummus by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Lemon and Goat Cheese Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cauliflower Salad by Wallflour Girl
- Green Asparagus Soup with Seared Scallops by An Appealing Plan
- Panzanella Primavera by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salmon Berry and Almond Salad with Lemon Honey Dressing by Family Foodie
- Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Asparagus Gribiche by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Early Peas with Pearl Onions in Cream by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette by Food Done Light
- Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Spring Green Rice by Magnolia Days
- Artichoke Pesto Pasta by PancakeWarriors
- Crispy Honey Chicken Spring Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Early Spring Risotto by Cooking Chat
- Honey Lemon Shrimp by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Irish Lamb Stew by Food Lust People Love
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Chives by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Quiche Florentine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Roasted Lamb Chops, Fontina Cheese Polenta with Asparagus and Mushrooms by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Root Vegetable Risotto by Momma’s Meals
- Spring Lemon Pasta by MealDiva
- Spring Pea & Chèvre Souffle by FoodieTots
- Spring Vegetable Risotto by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salmon and Strawberry Spinach Salad with a Kentucky Maple Vinaigrette by Dandelion Greens
- Tilapia with Classic Pesto by Whole Food | Real Families
- Veal Stew with Spring Greens by The Texan New Yorker
- Berry Shortcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Coconut Macaroons by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Healthy Hummingbird Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Cream Pie with Girl Scouts Lemonade Cookie Crust by Our Good Life
- Lemon Meringue Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Low-Fat Strawberry Muffins by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Matcha Strawberry Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Palm Sunday Easter Bread by Love and Confections
- Pretzels, Peanut Butter, and Beer Cake Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Sticky Carrot Squares by What Smells So Good?
- Three Berry Coconut Crispies by Simply Healthy Family
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.