At only 31 calories each, these Baked Sweet Potato Skins with Sriracha Lime Aioli are a healthier option to game day snacking.
To round out this weeks' healthier game day snacks, I made these Baked Sweet Potato Skins with Sriracha Lime Aioli. Sweet potatoes are naturally sweet, but dip them into a spicy-citrusy-creamy dip and they take on a whole new flavor.
How do you make Sweet Potato Skins?
Start by washing the skins of the sweet potato with a vegetable brush under warm water to remove any excess dirt.
Then using a sharp knife, peel away strips of the potato skin with some of the flesh. I used six medium sized potatoes and got twenty four skins.
Add the potato skins to a baking sheet and brush with some extra virgin olive oil; then sprinkle with Kosher or sea salt. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
How do you make the Sriracha Lime Aioli?
While the potato skins are in the oven, make your Sriracha Lime Aioli dipping sauce. In a mini food processor or blender, combine the Sriracha, lime juice, mayonnaise and garlic; then pulse until smooth and creamy.
This dip makes 1 cup (16 tbsp/1 tablespoon per serving) and has 92 calories per serving. I used regular Hellmann's mayonnaise, but you can use whichever mayo you prefer.
These Baked Sweet Potato Skins with Sriracha Lime Aioli are a healthier alternative to most calorie laden game day snacks and are so easy to make.
They're even tasty enough without the dipping sauce and make a great mid-afternoon snack or side dish to your main meal. ~Enjoy!
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
More Sweet Potato Recipes
- Healthy Low Fat Sweet Potato & Cannellini Bean Soup
- Pesto Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Mustard Tarragon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Healthy Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Baked Sweet Potato Skins with Sriracha Lime Aioli
For the Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash the skins of the sweet potato with a vegetable brush under warm water to remove any excess dirt. Then using a sharp knife, peel away strips of the potato skin with some of the flesh.
- Add the potato skins to a baking sheet and brush with the oil; then sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20 minutes.
For the Sriracha Lime Aioli
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mini food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy. Makes 1 cup.
Makes 1 cup
Calories 92, Fat 10g, Sodium 95mg, Sugar .1g, Carbohydrates .4g, Cholesterol 5mg
Connect with me on Social Media